Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Bess & Frank Gladhill Learning Commons Mission
The Frederick Community College (FCC) Learning Commons is a welcoming, flexible research and learning environment that provides convenient access to academic support services, study spaces, and technology in order to promote collaboration and inspire academic excellence.
Bess & Frank Gladhill Learning Commons Goals
- To create a welcoming, flexible academic environment outside the classroom that connects students, faculty, and staff
- To offer hours, services, and staffing that meet the college community’s academic needs
- To provide study spaces and academic assistance that accommodates a variety of learning styles and goals.
- To offer access to a robust collection of information and resources that support student and faculty research across disciplines
- To provide access to and assistance with various technology used in the learning and teaching process
- To support the learning process across the disciplines, from search and discovery to synthesis and presentation
- To promote and support the development of information, research, writing, reading, and digital literacies.
- To encourage critical thinking and self-directed learning both inside and outside the classroom
- To provide space for student and faculty creativity, innovation, and collaboration
- To establish an environment that welcomes new ideas to improve services and maintains a positive, forward-thinking momentum
- To collaborate with colleagues in and beyond Learning in support of students’ academic success.
A Tour of the Gladhill Learning Commons
Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment.