Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Identify Your Search Terms
When doing film research, the best (but not the only) search terms to use are:
- Director Name: Patrick Garland, Stanley Kubrick, Steven Spielberg, etc.
- Title of Film: A Doll's House, A Clockwork Orange, The Color Purple, etc.
- Other films by the director
- Film Movements and Theories (depending on your topic and assignment)
- Elements of Film: Mise-en-scene, editing techniques, pacing, use of characters, type of shots, special effects, plot, use of sound, use of narration
Find Film Reviews and Director Interviews
Feature Films for Education This link opens in a new window
Hundreds of full-length feature films including dramas, literary adaptations, blockbusters, classics, science fiction, environmental titles, foreign films, social issues, animation studies, Academy Award® winners, and more.
Films on Demand This link opens in a new window
Might be a good source of director interviews and biographical documentaries.
Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment.