Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
You can find Books and DVDs by searching the Library Catalog.
Here are some hints for getting better results:
- Search by using the term "linguistics" to find the theory/history of language instead of using the term "language"
- Search by using the name of the language and the term "literature" to find works written in that language: Spanish and literature, German and literature, Chinese and literature
- To find DVDs in a specific language you can:
- add "DVD" as a search term: Chinese and DVD, Spanish and DVD (this will include films where the language is an optional soundtrack)
- search for the terms "foreign films" and the country: foreign films and Germany, foreign films and Mexico, foreign films and France
Find Video Clips
Use the Library's Video Database to to find background information on a topic or to spice up a Powerpoint presentation.
Films on Demand: Elements of Language Videos
Link opens to a list of the videos related to linguistics. Also search for video and video clips on a variety of subjects from a number of producers such as BBC, PBS, and the History Channel.
Films on Demand: World Languages Videos
Link opens to a list of the videos related to world languages, including Spanish, Italian, French, Chinese, Japanese, and German. Also search for video and video clips on a variety of subjects from a number of producers such as BBC, PBS, and the History Channel.
Ebook Academic Collection (EBSCO)
Search the full text, browse, and read e-books and other authoritative materials, including reference sources, from leading publishers. Must have your Library Barcode to access from off-campus.
Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment.